Tuesday, April 28, 2015

April 28, 2015
Over the past two weeks my workouts have consisted of a warm up that included ten minutes of cardio and a few core exercises, followed by two upper and two lower body exercises using weights near the upper limit of my ability.  These 'max strength' exercises are designed to build strength in the key muscles that I will need for climbing without increasing bulk.  That last part is important because usually somewhere around the middle of my training regimen, my quads are too big for my pants.   

Today I completed the first max strength workout of the week, and I am thrilled that I was able to complete all exercises, even push-ups and pull-ups without any modification! Ha! Take that cancer!

Tomorrow I'm planning my first trail run - even though there is a 60% chance of rain! 

No comments:

Post a Comment